The majority of homeowners do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator before it breaks down, or unless it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be nice to understand how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and Shine Sunrise Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn all you need to understand concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to hire refrigerator repair Sunrise.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own kitchen appliance for several years now. A household refrigerator will store food at the right temperature, to prevent rotting and limit bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the exterior, relying on the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Shine Sunrise Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is located on the rear outside panel of the appliance and helps to emit the warmth absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out to the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs the heat contained within it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
Once the evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby turning the gas back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the temperature within the refrigerator, beginning the cooling period when it is required.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Sunrise for repair right after a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and the next cooling period starts. The refrigerator attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit directs the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the rear of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquid continues on its journey towards the evaporator, pushing through the many coils within the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The coolant then will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a number of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from one location and transferring it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, creates a safe space for perishable food, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of many different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule repair with Shine Sunrise Appliance Repair.
Shine Sunrise Appliance Repair will service most standard models of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our technicians in Sunrise undergo training to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart systems and countless other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working